What a Christmas!
Wow did we have an eventful Christmas or what? Beware this is a HUGE POST! It all began with me and the kids getting ready to go to my parents home, I was literally putting the last of our things in the car when I came inside and Maddy was screaming and Rylan was shouting..."mom, Madelyn is bleeding all over!" I found her and she had a gash on her forehead and the blood had trickled down her face and it looked much worse than it really was so my first inital reaction was complete horror! I think I screamed pretty loud (sorry neighbors). Rylan told me that she was running in our hallway and fell and hit her head on the heat intake vent, right on the sharp corner. I cleaned her up and wasn't sure if she needed stitches, so I called our clinic on Hill Air Force Base and talked to a nurse. I was able to stop the bleeding and she wasn't exhibiting signs of a concussion so I slapped a band-aid on it and we headed to Rexburg. When we got there she had bled through the band-aid and it hadn't formed a scab, and my mom and brother thought I should take her in to the doctor. UGH so we found an urgent care and after violent screams and three people holding her down she got three beautiful stitches on her scar less forehead, right in the middle. Lovely! After we were done the nurse brought her a toy, and Maddy's response was "no." Then she tried a different toy, and the offering was accepted then she gave her a sucker, and in between calming breaths Maddy said through her binki, "tank u" the staff all ohhed and ahhed over her and how small she was and her politeness.
A picture taken the night of the stitches

And a couple days later,

Then on the 23rd we celebrated my sister Anna's birthday! I love my sweet Anna! We had a chinese food extraviganza and chocolate cupcakes.


On Christmas eve morning we found out that my mom's sister Karene had passed away that morning. We were a bit shocked because we knew she was in the hospital but we really thought she would get better and be able to go home, but she had a different home in mind. She was able to spend Christmas with her sweetheart Glen who she has been without for over 25 years! So it was happy yet sad, Karene was so good to me and my family. She just lived 20 minutes away from us in Layton, and she often called to check up on me. We would joke how we live so close to each other yet we both can't seem to visit each other, we had a mutual understanding of this, but I still have feelings of guilt for not visiting more. The thing I loved most about Karene was her laugh and her positive outlook on life. When my mom and her sisters got together and laughed it was the most marvelous sight and sound. Snorts and hollers would come flying in all directions and pretty soon everyone in the room would be laughing. She will be missed, but I am happy that she is at "home" with her Glen, she was so lonely and sick towards the end.
Christmas eve was celebrated by acting out the nativity. I don't really need to say anymore but just look at these pictures!
Oh I love my family...
Rylan writting a note to Santa

We must be sisters because we picked out the same exact P.J.'s, not on purpose!


The kids wearing their new jammies from Grammy & Papa
Christmas day





On Christmas afternoon, since Rylan got a tube sled from Santa we thought we would go try it out. Anna, Jared and I rounded up my nieces and nephews and we went to the infamous college hill. As we pulled up my nephew Jake jumped out of the car, grabbed a tube and headed over to the hill. As he was going down the first time, we all watched as we walked over. HE FLEW over a jump, flipped and landed on his neck/back of head. It was a horrible landing! I thought he seriously would be paralyzed the way he landed. He layed there for a while, fully concious and we talked to him, checked his eyes, and he just moaned and said that he thought that he should go home. So we loaded him up and on the way back he was not making any sense. He was repeating himself saying, "why is this happening to me,...what is going on." I thought he was teasing, but he couldn't remember what he got for Christmas that morning, but he knew who Anna was. By the time we got him home his pupils were completely dialated and he was very pale. His parents took him to the hospital and his vision went crazy and every time they moved him to do a test he puked because his equlibrium was all messed up. POOR GUY! Now about two weeks later he is fine, but one of his eyes still can't quite focus, but it is slowly getting better!
We had a great time together!
A picture taken the night of the stitches

And a couple days later,

Then on the 23rd we celebrated my sister Anna's birthday! I love my sweet Anna! We had a chinese food extraviganza and chocolate cupcakes.


On Christmas eve morning we found out that my mom's sister Karene had passed away that morning. We were a bit shocked because we knew she was in the hospital but we really thought she would get better and be able to go home, but she had a different home in mind. She was able to spend Christmas with her sweetheart Glen who she has been without for over 25 years! So it was happy yet sad, Karene was so good to me and my family. She just lived 20 minutes away from us in Layton, and she often called to check up on me. We would joke how we live so close to each other yet we both can't seem to visit each other, we had a mutual understanding of this, but I still have feelings of guilt for not visiting more. The thing I loved most about Karene was her laugh and her positive outlook on life. When my mom and her sisters got together and laughed it was the most marvelous sight and sound. Snorts and hollers would come flying in all directions and pretty soon everyone in the room would be laughing. She will be missed, but I am happy that she is at "home" with her Glen, she was so lonely and sick towards the end.
Christmas eve was celebrated by acting out the nativity. I don't really need to say anymore but just look at these pictures!
Oh I love my family...
Rylan writting a note to Santa

We must be sisters because we picked out the same exact P.J.'s, not on purpose!


The kids wearing their new jammies from Grammy & Papa
Christmas day





On Christmas afternoon, since Rylan got a tube sled from Santa we thought we would go try it out. Anna, Jared and I rounded up my nieces and nephews and we went to the infamous college hill. As we pulled up my nephew Jake jumped out of the car, grabbed a tube and headed over to the hill. As he was going down the first time, we all watched as we walked over. HE FLEW over a jump, flipped and landed on his neck/back of head. It was a horrible landing! I thought he seriously would be paralyzed the way he landed. He layed there for a while, fully concious and we talked to him, checked his eyes, and he just moaned and said that he thought that he should go home. So we loaded him up and on the way back he was not making any sense. He was repeating himself saying, "why is this happening to me,...what is going on." I thought he was teasing, but he couldn't remember what he got for Christmas that morning, but he knew who Anna was. By the time we got him home his pupils were completely dialated and he was very pale. His parents took him to the hospital and his vision went crazy and every time they moved him to do a test he puked because his equlibrium was all messed up. POOR GUY! Now about two weeks later he is fine, but one of his eyes still can't quite focus, but it is slowly getting better!
We had a great time together!



Comments