Colorado

Last week Madelyn and I met Scott in Colorado so we could take care of him after his Lasik surgery. Maddy did amazing on the flight, she was very sleepy and when we took of she fell asleep on my lap, and didn't move the whole time! Whew that was nice...I think I even caught a little nap myself. We stayed in Colorado Springs, CO just an exit down from the Air Force Academy where his surgery was scheduled. We got up early on Monday and drove to the clinic for his surgery and there were fire engines outside. That didn't look good, and we later learned that there was a leak of some kind of heating fluid??? and they had to completely turn the heat off in the building thus making the surgery impossible to do. Something to do with how sensitive the lasers are that do the cutting. We decided to go sight seeing instead and found some beautiful hikes and waterfalls, but we were not prepared with hiking shoes or Maddy's hiking pack so we didn't go far.





So on Tuesday he was able to have the surgery and it went fairly well except the part where they started cutting before the numbing drops had taken affect! That made Scott cringe and jerk back which made the suction cup that was holding his eye in place pop off! That gave him a pretty red bruise on the whites of his eye. ouch!

Before, goodbye glasses!



Sleeping with his goggles on so he wouldn't rub his eyes in his sleep.



He had three different eye drops he had to take, a lubricant every 15 minutes, a antibiotic, and a steroid to help with the pain.



This Air Force Academy was gorgeous!



All the buildings were spread out along a forested mountain side. There were deer and elk all over the base, huge ones! Scott was pretty jealous that he couldn't whip out his rifle and claim one of them! As I was leaving the hotel there was a buck that had wandered over to the city of Colorado Springs and was crossing the intersection!


Almost two weeks later, Scott is loving his new eyes and can see a perfect 20/20!

Rylan got to stay home with Grandma and Grandpa Young. They were so kind to come and take care of him all week, even though they had just moved into their new home. Thanks mom and dad! Rylan misses you!

Comments

oh my! I LOVE COlorado Springs! ANd the air force academy is so much fun!! I'm glad you enjoyed your time there! I didn't like the part about Scott's eyes though! I mean I'm glad he got lasik but the other part...egads! I can't even stand thinking about it, LOL I wonder if you'd ever move to Colorado Springs? Would be pretty cool!! :D

Popular posts from this blog

Dare Essay winner

Grandpa & Grandma Young Visit

Rylan and the Beginning of Mission Prep