Spring 2019

I love Spring! We ordered some caterpillars and watched them turn into beautiful butterflies! We released them into a botanical garden at the local community center. One of the butterflies had a broken wing so he could not fly out so we kept him for a couple weeks, feed him watermelon and oranges, and Maddy played with him and loved that little insect. He  passed away and we had a funeral for him and buried him in our yard. 







 Madelyn's class had a pinewood derby hat contest, she made this out of tissue paper, clay, pom poms, and pipe cleaners.

Maddy and I had a spa day and got our hair cut and styled and I thought we looked so cute that I had to take a picture!

 Ian saved a turtle! We were driving home and this little guy was on the road so he picked him up and walked him over to the side of the road into the grass. He also has been enjoying scouts, he earned his bobcat.
 We took the kids to a fun go-cart and arcade place


 This picture was taken on Mother's Day, oh I love my kiddos, here are some gifts the kids gave me.




 Rylan killed it in JV tennis

Ian and Maddy did dance with Ms Isabel and Ms Kelsey






 I went to the elementary school awards ceremonies, Maddy and Ian's were about an hour apart. They give out a certificate of completion to each student, and if you got 95% of your behavior points throughout the year you got a “Panther Paw” award, and each 2nd grade class voted for one boy and one girl for the Citizenship Award -that exhibited a good attitude, good manners, behavior, neatness in school work, respect for authority and school property. Ian was picked for this award for his class. Afterward I met Ian in the cafeteria for lunch, I packed a lunch while he ate a school lunch. He could only pick two friends to sit with us because I guess kids flock to visitors so they made a rule for it. Maddy and her friend Ruby joined us when they came in. Then it was time for Maddy’s award ceremony.  She won a scholarship award (yearly average of 95% or better in core subjects, the Big E award ( demonstrating consistent work ethic, pride, and effort), and the Panther Paw (consistent positive behaviors). I was so proud of my little achievers! When they got home from school we had a quick dinner then took them out to ice cream and we went to see the Pokémon movie.
 Madelyn on awards day with her principal Mr. Mudd.

Rylan also received some awards at school There were about 130 students in the 9th grade class, but he later told me that a lot of students skipped school that day and that a lot of his classes were only half full. He got an AutoDesk Certification from his engineering class, and a Kentucky High School Athletic Association Academic All State certificate for Cross Country and for Tennis. Basically it means that he played a sport and still got a GPA of 3.75 or higher. He ended the semester with a 3.9 GPA.

 Last day of SCHOOL with our neighbor Arianna!
Rylan and I had planned on surprising the kids with water balloons when they got off the bus, but we weren’t sure the rain would clear up.  About 20 minutes before they were going to be home, the rain cleared so we filled up about 30 balloons and Rylan hid on the porch and ambushed them. Our neighbor Rita got out a slip n slide for the kids to play on as well. The rain held back for about 30 minutes.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dare Essay winner

Grandpa & Grandma Young Visit

Rylan and the Beginning of Mission Prep