Spring Visitors

 Our dear friends the Foxes came to visit us!  It was their spring break a couple weeks after ours and they stopped by for the weekend on their way to Nashville.  We took them to the Abraham Lincoln Birthplace and boyhood home.









Mammoth cave to do the Domes and Dripstones Tour. They drove us out to the entrance by bus and we had a park ranger in front and a park ranger in the back, and about 75 people on the tour. The first part was a lot of stairs going down and we went through a series of domes and pits, it was very cool! The kids loved it. After our two hour tour we ate our lunch on some picnic tables we found and we started to see some dark clouds forming and just as we were walking to the car it started to rain. We drove home, the kids watched Blue Planet on Netflix, I made some Cafe Rio sweet pork, we had some birthday cake for Jillian and the parents talked upstairs while the kids entertained themselves downstairs.


Jocelyn and Ian earned their junior ranger badge!




We made our kids go to school, and Scott and I headed up to Louisville to Churchill Downs to the Kentucky Derby Museum with them. Scott and I had never done the museum and it was pretty cool. They first instruct you to watch about a 18 minute video that has a panoramic screen and you sit in this swivel bar stool so you can move your seat all around. The video starts off with a colt being born and the training process of getting it ready to run in the derby. The video was very entertaining and well done and kind of gets you hyped up to watch the derby. Then we took a tour of Churchill Downs, which we have been to before but it was still neat to hear all about it from the tour guide.


Then we went to the Louisville Slugger Museum, they didn't allow photos to be taken of the factory which was sad because it was really cool. It was really interesting watching how they make their baseball bats and the process of painting. At the end of the tour you get to take home a small mini bat, and the Fox kids were super happy about that. Scott and I left after the tour so we could be home before our kids got home from school.  I made some chicken noodle soup for dinner, the kids started playing a game and Brett, Lisa, Scott and I snuck out to get dessert from this pie place that just opened up.





 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's HERE!

Our new nephew!

I've been picture tagged