Week in Lehi

After our Anniversary party I drove Scott to the airport to drop him off so he could go home and work for 2 weeks. I always cry when we have to be apart for a long period of time. Even though I am with my family I still miss him and worry more about things, mostly driving and something happening to the car.  I know he will be happy to have the house to himself and go on as many motorcycle rides, play tennis and eat junk food as much as he wants.  His nagging wife won't be there to feed him vegetables and ask for help with the kids.  

We drove to Lehi to Margie’s house and the kids instantly took off to play with each other. The fun thing about Auntie Margie's house is that she has chickens! My animal lovers were so happy. Ian checked for eggs every ten minutes, he loves feeding them and I have caught him talking to them. He wasn't comfortable picking them up, but he loves to pet them. The kids completely entertain themselves, Rylan and Erica went on a run together, Maddy, Lizzie, Ben and Ian go between the trampoline and being outside and playing in the basement, and the iPad.  






Margie and Anna fulfilled my desire of going to Thanksgiving Point and seeing the Christ statues and gorgeous gardens. The gardens were so pretty, I can't imagine when it is filled with tulips in the spring, I must go back. My favorites were the secret garden and rose section.  The Light of the World Garden with the Christ statues was really neat to see. I love how they made it look like a desert with the wheat plants, and the statues of Joesph Smith in the sacred grove really looked like we were in the sacred grove! I think I may have felt the spirit more if the kids weren't with us, they were running all around, not being disrespectful or anything just being kids. 








We took the kids to the library for a craft, went to the Incredibles 2 movie,  and Margaret took us to the Family Search Discovery Center in Lehi.  There were senior missionaries all around to help us get started. We first were given a iPad mini and we put in our LDS tools username and password then we were linked into the iPad and we could connect the iPad to these big screens to see where our ancestors had lived, famous people we were related to, as well as look at pictures of our ancestors. Margaret has done a lot of work putting in some information about our grandparents, and other ancestors and I think my uncle Doug in Texas has too. When we used Scott’s username there had been nothing put in online, they didn’t even have his grandparents put in.  I thought for sure that someone in his family had done something, but maybe it was through a different venue. There was also a station where your face could be put in old historical clothing, and a green screen you could pose by and pick the backgrounds. The kids had fun with that.  Margie’s father-in-law was working there and we chatted for a few minutes. 




We were there to watch James' pinewood derby, and we took the kids to the Lehi City Pool. 3 adults and 9 kids, Ian braved the high dive. As he was approaching the board I noticed the lifeguard sat up in her chair and looked over at me, like are you sure he can do this? He looks so small she probably thought he was 5. But he did it and swam to the side with ease. 


Rylan and Ben were playing a computer game off and on together, the girls painted rocks, we went to get shaved ice, and they all wanted to ride with Margie because she had a DVD player in her car. 




There was a neighborhood cat that kept coming over and he let the kids pet him and he was very nice, but for some weird reason, he bit Madelyn’s arm. There are two sides to the story, Madelyn claims that she had been holding the cat then let it down and it ran over to the chickens and when she tried to stop the cat from getting near the chickens he bit her, Rylan claims that he saw Madelyn holding the cat when it bit her. So maybe the cat was feisty from the chickens and she was just at the wrong place at the wrong time.  I didn’t think much of it and we washed it off and she continued to play. It wasn’t bleeding hardly at all there were just four pinprick marks on her arm.  But Anna asked some of her nurse friends and we did a google search and we decided to take her to urgent care. Her bite wasn’t infected, but the doctor explained that sometimes it takes a couple days to become really bad. He gave us a prescription for a light dose of an oral antibiotic and gave us the choice of taking it right away or just keeping it on hand if the bite got more red and swollen or didn’t clear up in a couple days. He did want us to keep it clean and covered for a couple days too so he had the nurse show us how to wrap it up. We went to Walgreens to pick up the prescription, and some Neosporin and gauze.  



Another thing we got to do while we were visiting Utah was see our old Hawaii friends the Robertsons! They live in Anna's neighborhood, I dropped off Maddy and Rylan at their house and took Keri with me to visit another Hawaii friend Janell who lives in Draper.  Margaret also invited the Kikkerts over to her house for a BBQ. my uncle John and aunt JoAnn came and our cousin Johnny and his wife Emily and our cousin David and his wife Ruth and their kids came.  It was so nice to catchup with everyone. 


We loved playing with cousins and my sisters, there is nothing like family! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dare Essay winner

Grandpa & Grandma Young Visit

Rylan and the Beginning of Mission Prep