End of School
May approached and we got that summer fever for warmer days and no school. Madelyn had some school state testing and they asked parents to come and support the 3rd-5th graders in kind of a tailgating pep rally. So my friend Shannon and I made signs and parked and screamed our heads off when our kids walked through. We tried out best to embarrass them.
On the last day of school, Scott came home early and helped me surprise the kids with a water balloon fight.
Madelyn had her spring dance recital. She did multiple dances and got to take on many characters. She was a jock, a pirate, a biker chick, and the villain Ursula! I even got on stage to have a mom vs. girls battle dance with her. It was to the song "Whoomp There It Is" and the moms were doing old school dances like running man, and the hammer dance. It was kind of scary but I thought hey if I can shake my hips while doing a tahitian dance in front of people I can do this!
Summer means baseball! Scott's boss was moving and he wanted to go to a Louisville Bats (minor league affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds) game before he left, and on Memorial Day they were having a military appreciation game so he asked around if anyone would be interested in sharing a suite with his family. Ian had been wanting to go to a real baseball game so we thought this would be a fun thing to do together. There were a couple other families sharing the suite with us, we had hot dogs, fried chicken, soda, popcorn, and air conditioning inside the suite if we got too hot in the humid heat. It was the perfect way to watch a baseball game! They let the kids run the bases after the game, they thought that was great fun.
Madelyn and Ian had an awards day at their school. Both Madelyn and Ian received the Citizenship Award which is given to only one boy and one girl in each class. The award was voted on by the students and the teacher on who was polite, had respect for authority and their peers, followed directions, showed cooperation, and for exceptional attitude and behavior.
Madelyn's friend Ashleah, and her teacher Ms. Eriksen, who she absolutely loved
Ian adored his teacher Ms. Payne who is the kindest, most welcoming soul.
I was so proud of them. It hasn't been easy to transition into a new school for them but they are such great kids with happy outlooks and good behavior. It makes me feel elated that other people can see what great potential they have.
Rylan graduated from 8th grade! I can't believe we have a high schooler! I feel like I just barely graduated from high school myself!
We had one week of summer before we went to Utah and Idaho, Madelyn and Ian did a tennis camp with Rylan's coach and Rylan helped with it.
We had some fun playing in the sprinklers
and met some reptiles at the library

Comments