Ian's 3rd Birthday


January 11th 2014, our little Ian turned 3!  He woke me up, announced it was his birthday and said that he wanted candles in his oatmeal.  I found him a birthday hat and he wore that for half the day.

 We took him to a fun train restaurant for lunch





 They bring out your meal on a train!

Where is that train?


 Here it comes!



When he was done eating they sang to him and gave him some ice cream on the house.







 That evening we opened presents

                                           
 He has been asking for a fire truck for a while and we found this fun set that had one, a rescue boat and helicopter with guys.   It was a big hit!
 Then Barbie's dream vacation house engulfed in flames and Rylan showed him how to rescue all the dolls!   We also hid some people in trouble in various spots around the house and he had to go find them and rescue them, it doesn't take much to entertain a 3 year old.


Next came cake!  We are trying to eat healthier around here so a nice small cake was perfect for us, we could each have one piece then it was gone.

What can I tell you about our Ian, he is our goofball. He is a very happy kid with lots of energy and charm.  He is very loving to his mommy and is always hugging me and telling me, "mommy, I just love you."

 He likes to be right next to his buddy Madelyn, but can hold his own when she is away. He likes to be a helper and is beginning the stage of, "I can do it myself!"
*He is a picky eater and only eats about 10 things, dinner is especially hard on him and he often goes to bed without eating because I refuse to cater to his picky-ness, but he seems to not mind much, and always eats a huge breakfast. I am hoping that one of these days he will grow out of it. 
* He loves dinosaurs, cars, guns, fighting, doggies, anything electronic and plays house and school a lot with Maddy
* He likes to steal my I-phone and has mastered all the games, and has learned all of his letters thanks to an ABC mouse app
* He can count to 30 (he gets a couple of his teens mixed up)
* He asks me to snuggle him everyday and I can't resist
*He is a wonderful sleeper, but is starting to not need a nap. Some days he will fall right to sleep during nap time but other days he will lay there for an hour and then I let him get out of bed.
*He is always the first to notice the door opening when daddy comes home and always runs to him and gives him a hug.
*He is very matter-of-fact, he loves to explain things to me and comes up with explanations of things, "mommy I need to go outside because there is a snow monster out there and he is hungry and needs someone to play with"  I love to ask him what things mean to see what he says
* He has a smile that can melt your heart, he is so sweet
*He is always on the move imaging things and following Madelyn's lead
* He was motivated to go potty in the toilet for about 1 1/2 days then it died and he hasn't been interested since!  He will be going diaperless this spring when it gets warmer so he can figure it out!

He had his first set of stitches a couple weeks ago, he was running around and tripped and fell right on the edge of either the rocking chair, wooden stool or the lap top desk, we still really aren't sure.  They were all really close to each other and none of the other kids saw exactly what happened.  It was bleeding quite a bit but we got it to stop gushing so we threw a band aid on it made sure he didn't have a concussion and put him to bed for the night.  When he woke up it looked like this:

 This was the picture I took to send to Scott at work asking if I should take him in for stitches.  Scott knows that I am squeamish around wounds and blood and I reminded him that I took care of the last time one of our kids had stitches (Maddy when she was about 15 months old), so he took a long lunch and took him to our doctor who sent him to the hospital because they had better equipment to hold down a little kid.

*barf* this pictures is so gross

 Scott said that he didn't cry at all!  He was really good about letting the doctor hold him down and clean it off and he flinched a little when they gave him a numbing shot.  Otherwise he just laid there and watched a movie on Scott's phone and laid perfectly still while they gave him 5 stitches!    5 days later our friend Melissa who just became a physicians assistant came over and took out the stitches for us. Now he has a little diagonal scar across his forehead to show for it.

Oh I just love him to pieces, he is just perfect in my eyes, I want to keep him little forever!





Comments

He is so cute! I just love that little boy!

Popular posts from this blog

Dare Essay winner

Grandpa & Grandma Young Visit

Rylan and the Beginning of Mission Prep