The Case of the Missing Wedding Ring

I had a very interesting and inspiring thing happen to me last week.  The day before Thanksgiving I was making rolls and I took off my wedding ring so I could roll out the dough. Scott and I went out to dinner that night with some friends and I noticed that I had forgot to put my ring back on. When we got home I looked where I had thought I placed it (on the kitchen counter) but it was NOT there!  I checked every drawer, crevice, you name it.  I thought that maybe I had put it in my pocket and that maybe it had fallen out of my pocket while we were at dinner.  I called the restaurant, nothing.  I was heartbroken and distraught, Scott worked so hard to pay for that ring when we were dating, and then two years ago he added more diamonds to it.  I felt like I had disappointed him. I prayed that I would be able to find it, or at least understand where it had gone.   Scott’s sister Breezi and her family from Ohio came to visit and we had our holiday and then after they left I kept feeling like I needed to look in the garbage like the outside garbage, any of the bags that were in there before our guests came.   The thought would not go away and I hoped that it was the spirit telling me and not just my overthinking brain.  Sunday night I put on some latex gloves and headed outside to dig in the garbage.  I dumped it out, spread it out and dug piece by piece right alongside the turkey giblets and neck!  I found it! I think what happened was that I was cutting off the tops of some strawberries for the kids to eat for dinner and I must have threw my ring away with my pile of stems! AHH! I was so happy I cried and came inside and washed it off!  I was so happy  that I had found it, but more importantly that my prayers had been answered.  Now if my ring was forever lost and my prayer couldn’t have been answered I have no doubt that I would have been fine and that life would have gone on the same, but it was just in my garbage can and the Lord helped me to find it by answering my prayer through the spirit.  Whew!  I am never taking it off again!

Comments

Andrea Grover said…
So glad you found it! Even though we know God hears and answers prayers, it's nice to have a concrete reminder of it every once in a while.
Lisa Fox said…
I love that we have such a loving and understanding Heavenly Father. He knew that life would go on if you didn't find it but still he knew it was important. Also, how wonderful of you to be in tune with the spirit, listen and then follow it! Such a wonderful example to your beautiful family!!!!
Ohh my goodness!!! I am So SO glad you found it.

I kept forgetting to ask you if you had found it or not.

Phew! One disaster averted. (Even if it was a stinky way to find it.... )

Popular posts from this blog

Dare Essay winner

Grandpa & Grandma Young Visit

Rylan and the Beginning of Mission Prep