Halloween

Our Magician and Dorothy





I guess I better post our Halloween pictures on here! We had a fun time this year, the week before Rylan got a free admission to a fall carnival place that he went to with his school on a field trip, so we thought we would give it a try. They had a farmer selling pumpkins, a corn maze, haunted forest, petting zoo, and some tour guides on the hay rides that were the most entertaining! One guy was so funny he was so animated like a cartoon character, he also had a THICK southern accent. After listening to him for a couple minutes, Maddy said a little too loud, "I don't understand what he is saying?!!?"




Maddy LOVED the goats, she kept letting them nibble on her hand, she would squeal and laugh and say, "she is licking my hand, silly goat!"








Ry giving Maddy a ride






Ian all comfy in the backpack


On the Friday before Halloween our apartment complex had a party for the kids complete with gourd racing, bobbing for gummy worms, coloring contests, costume parade, scavenger hunt, and trying to find body parts in a bucket. My kids didn't want to play that last game! They had fun though. Then on Saturday our ward/church had a carnival and trunk-or-treat. I made about 50 popcorn balls that day! Whew! I didn't get any pictures because we were so busy playing, they had a bouncy house, fishing, pumpkin carving contest, face painting, bean bag throw, cotton candy, and many other fun games for the kids to play. Our friends Courtney, Nikki and Scott Johnson joined us and we went out to Rita's afterwards...yum!


I thought of some creative "couple costumes" for Scott and I to wear, but he didn't want to so I gave him the options of being a Packers Fan, a fisherman, or a cowboy, he wears cowboy gear all the time so he said he would be that. What a party pooper! So Ian and I dressed up to match him.



Ian our cowboy, these were Rylan's chaps and vest that Papa gave him, so very cute, these were the best pictures that I could get of him. He is a mover!









Then the actual Halloween day came and after Maddy's ballet/tap class we forced some dinner down her . . .and an hour later it was 7:00 and she was finally done. We were going to meet up with the Johnson's again but we decided it was too late so Scott took the kids around the neighborhood while I stayed at home with Ian to pass out candy. The Johnsons came over later and we snitched on the kids candy while they played in the other room.



See enemies can become friends. It is Dorothy and the Wicked Witch of the West! Actually Nikki was wearing a "I love NY" shirt so she was claiming to be Elphaba from the Broadway show Wicked. Nikki is a musical lover like me!

It was a fun holiday, bring on Thanksgiving and Christmas!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dare Essay winner

Grandpa & Grandma Young Visit

Rylan and the Beginning of Mission Prep