Madelyn's 3rd Birthday
Our sweet Maddy turned 3 on Sept 9th! Our morning started out with her choice of pancakes for breakfast, not just any pancakes she wanted PINK pancakes! I told her I could manage that! She thought that was the best breakfast ever!
One of my favorite things about Maddy is that every morning I get to see this super happy face and that her hair is always completely razzled, ratted, and sticking straight up! It is always interesting to see how her hair is going to look when she wakes up in the morning!
This year Madelyn wanted a pink cake, can you tell that she LOVES the color pink? I saw this castle idea and thought we would give it a try. I have also decided as a mom to not be super crazy about making a perfect cake, and to let the birthday kid help make it! So we started with four 8X8 strawberry flavored cakes, one of the cakes you cut into fours (I only used three of the pieces because I was afraid that the fourth piece would be too heavy for the cake.

Rylan really wanted to give her something, but he decided this about an hour before her party. So he made her a card and gave her $1 bill and some coins. She was tickled!

The little playhouse tent was a huge hit, Ian even scooted a couple feet at that moment just so he could get into it! He kept peeking in on her.
We skyped with Grandma and Grandpa and Margaret who was at their house, they sat in while she opened presents and we had cake. It was so fun to have them there!

Maddy and Rylan playing in her tent, I "challenged" Rylan to try and be extra nice to Madelyn on her birthday, he was really sweet to her and even played princesses with her. Madelyn came up to me about 3 times and said, "Rylan is being so nice to me, and playing with me!" That made her really happy. That night she asked me if Rylan could have a sleep over in her room, so we set up a bed for him and he was reading books to her in the tent before they went to sleep. So cute! But by the next day he was back to his teasing-self.
The next day on Saturday we took the kids to the zoo
They had a kangaroo area where you could walk around them! You had to stay on the path but they were right there within touching distance.

This year Madelyn wanted a pink cake, can you tell that she LOVES the color pink? I saw this castle idea and thought we would give it a try. I have also decided as a mom to not be super crazy about making a perfect cake, and to let the birthday kid help make it! So we started with four 8X8 strawberry flavored cakes, one of the cakes you cut into fours (I only used three of the pieces because I was afraid that the fourth piece would be too heavy for the cake.
Then you frost the whole thing, (which is not as fun as it sounds) put frosting on sugar cones and shake the glitter sprinkles all over (this was the most fun for Madelyn). Then you decorate it with heart candies and lots of glitter and sprinkles!
She was one happy girl! She also took great consideration in what she wore that day. This dress is her favorite! She would wear it everyday if she could.
By the time dad and Rylan got home you can see that her cute pigtails turned into ratted bumps in the back of her head...I try, I really do, *sigh* oh well.
She got a princess castle for all her mini princess dolls, a tent, and Belle doll and some color wonder supplies.
We skyped with Grandma and Grandpa and Margaret who was at their house, they sat in while she opened presents and we had cake. It was so fun to have them there!
The next day on Saturday we took the kids to the zoo
Rylan's dance moves at our dance party.
Comments