V-Day


We decided to celebrate our Valentine's festivities on Saturday night with our friends Alexa & Josh plus their baby Ava and our little Ian. We wanted to go get a good steak so we went to Ruby River. Holy Cow! Everyone had our exact IDEA! It was a 70 minute wait, luckily they had room in the bar area for us to sit, eat peanuts and have drinks and wait. I also brought love questions! Hee hee yes, we asked each other questions from this list I got off of www.thedatingdivas.com. Some of them were:

When was our first kiss?

What was your first impression of me?

What are your favorite qualities of me?

What do you like better about be now compared to when we first met?

What is my best physical quality?

Share one fond memory you have of us.

These questions definitely kept us entertained and made us laugh hard. I kept smacking Scott to keep his voice down for fear that his answers would embarass me in front of all these people waiting for a table!

After we were able to sit down we had a great dinner followed up by the yummiest bread pudding dessert I had ever had! We were going to go to a movie, but it was too late, but I didn't care we had already had so much fun.

We don't normally do gifts on Valentine's day but Scott had mentioned that he had gotten me something, don't you hate that? When you don't think that you need to worry about it then your significant other says something like that and you feel guilty for not doing anything! Then to make me feel better he said, "Don't worry I spent less than $10." Then I was relieved but couldn't help wondering, "what kind of piece of crap gift can you get with $10?"

So I hurried and got him the new Lady Antebellum CD I knew he wanted. Scott gift was this:

a very sweet card, and a jewelry box for my earrings! Ok so a while back I was hinting for Christmas that I needed something to put all my earrings in. I didn't want something expensive or something that would take up space on top of the dresser. So what did Scott get? A small fishing tackle box with some dazzling stickers! LOVE IT! I was laughing pretty hard at how cute, juvenille, yet completely perfect it was! I can just see him carefully putting those stickers on! I can just slip it into my dresser drawer and when we travel I can just throw it into my suitcase. It really was great.

Rylan had a V-day party at school and over the weekend I was in the mood to make some real valentines, not the simple card ones that everyone gives. So I found this idea in a magazine that Scott's grandma Bonnie subscribes for us. It is Disney's Family Fun Magazine, aren't these cute!

Ours were a bit different. I used some scrapbook paper scraps to cover the candy (we used Mentos because I could not find Lifesavers in a pack) and printed off address labels with the kids names on them, example--->
To: Arianna
YOU'RE A BLAST
From: Rylan

In our mad rush to get to school this morning I forgot to take a picture. But it turns out that some of them fell apart and Rylan was busy trying to put them back together and had to have his teacher help him distribute them (sorry Mrs. Waters). I really thought that hot glue would hold them, I think a certain boy wasn't very careful with is backpack between when he left the house until he got to school. What can I really expect with a little boy?!? Rylan wanted to give a "special valentine" to a girl named Madison. She was in his class last year and is in his church class. He made her a card with lots of hearts and a picture of them that he labeled "me" and "you" We also bought her a big sugar cookie from the store. I took him to her house to deliver it. So cute! She didn't answer the door, but I think Rylan was slightly relieved, he looked nervous!
Hope you had a great V-DAY!

Comments

adorable.

How sweet Scott was for doing that for you!

Popular posts from this blog

Dare Essay winner

Grandpa & Grandma Young Visit

Rylan and the Beginning of Mission Prep