Vegas Baby!
So we had to stop about 45 minutes away from home to get another one. We got a great deal at the South Point hotel which is a couple miles away from the famous Las Vegas Blvd strip. The second we stepped into our room both Rylan and Maddy looked out the huge window and commented on the pool. Ry said, "wow, look at that cool pool!" Maddy said, "ohhh big wa-wa, look big wa-wa!"
We saw just about everything we possibly could, that first night we went to the pool and played then went to dinner. Maddy refused to eat all day, so she was really hungry and ate a huge bowl of mac and cheese plus about half of Scott's beans from his plate.
Then we went to the Beligio hotel. Beautiful! The second we stepped into the hotel it smelled of sweet flowers. They have a huge exhibit with fresh flowers close to their lobby. I love the fountains, and I knew that my kids would love them too.
They played "Luck be a Lady" by Frank Sinatra...love that song.
Our first full day we walked for miles and miles down the strip. Went into some hotels and were completely exhausted by the end of the day. We stopped at the M & M factory and the Mirage dolphin habitat.
Maddy LOVED the dolphins, which she called "fishees" she was ready to jump in the water with them. Don't you love her hair? This is what my hard effort turns into after about five minutes. This was taken seconds before she was running down to the underground view and fell and got major rug burn on her knee, nose, and side of her head! Ouch!
We also went to the Mandalay Bay shark reef, Circus Circus, Freemont Street, oh and I can't forget the one afternoon that Rylan and I went to our hotel pool while Maddy and Scott took a nap and my phone fell into the pool! Well it happened like this...It was a windy day but still about 80 degrees. So Ry and I headed down. I packed my beach bag with everything, books, snacks, etc. zipped it up and put my cell phone in the open side pocket so I could hear it in case Scott tried to call. We got down to the pool and got some long chairs and I pulled them up to the pull maybe about 4 feet away from the edge so I could watch Rylan play. I set my stuff down told Rylan to sit with our things while I went and got some towels maybe 20 yards away. I got the towels, turned around and started walking back and one of our chairs was gone and Ry was standing up and yelling something at me. Yeah a huge wind gust blew up the back of the chair and it slid right on into the water ...with my bag on top! Luckily everything inside was perfectly dry (thank goodness for that waterproof bag) but my phone was drenched. DEAD! It could have been worse I suppose! We stayed a little bit longer until the wind was just getting annoying then we went to the arcade in the hotel and spent a couple dollars. So I had to get a new phone and we couldn't get my old contacts put into my new phone. So I need all your numbers again!
This kept Maddy entertained...
Ever seen Spongebob in 3D? Rylan did not like it because it was too real.
It was a fun trip, we are glad we did it, but we don't think we will need to go back. I had to hide Rylan's eyes a couple times, their billboards are gross. Naked ladies all over the place! We never did get a picture next to the famous sign that welcomes you to Vegas because everytime we drove by there were a ton of people and almost always a wedding party! Crazy!
Comments