The beginning of 2010

Hey ya'all! Yes we are still alive and kicking here at the Hoogland house. We have been busy, and have been super anxious for spring to come. Some exciting things have been happening. First in January, I was able to go to my nephew's dance competition in Lehi! I loved it, except my kids were wild and I couldn't enjoy it as much as I wanted to. I loved watching him dance and cheering him on. Mom and dad brought him down along with M'Lynn and two of Jake's friends. I love this pic of Maddy combing my dad's hair.

Sometime in January me and Ry went on a date to the circus. We had a blast! Rylan even got to ride a elephant!

His face the whole time was in complete excitement. He thought it was funny when I hid my eyes when the daredevil guy was running blindfolded on top of this huge spinning metal ring. He is such a silly goose, here he is with a pretend mustache, he wanted to be like his Papa Doug!




In February we had a visit from Anna. She was able to get the cute pictures of Madelyn below. In March Madelyn entered into nursery class at church. She does really well as long as we come play with her for a couple minutes and explain that we are going to be going "bye bye" soon. Then we walk out and say bye and she waves, "bye, bye mommay" When Scott drops her off there are some kids that cling to him, so he stays for their sake before he leaves...haa haa funny!




Rylan also learned to ride a bike with no training wheels! He wasn't sure he could do it, and quite frankly we weren't sure either because when he rode his bike with training wheels he almost always was leaning on to the right training wheel. Well some friends of ours gave us a smaller bike to work with and I held on to the back of the seat while he pedalled. We did this for about a half hour until my back couldn't take it any longer. Then the next day Scott took Rylan to the high school hoping to use their track, but it was close so we used the sidewalk and parking lot. There were tears of frustration



but then success....


(if you turn up your volume you can hear Rylan yelling, "I'm doing it!" right after my scream of excitement...

Maddy and daddy napping, Scott is an excellent spooner, and can make anybody fall asleep!


I just had to put that in there!

Comments

Andrea Grover said…
I love Maddy's pigtails. Super cute. :-)

I told Bekah that I learned to ride a bike without training wheels when I was five, and I reminded her that she'll turn five this June. She got a terrified look on her face and said, "Let's wait until I'm six." So I think Rylan is a very brave little boy.
Lots of adventures! Circus- riding an elephant, Ry mastering the bike, and Maddy going into nursery!

(you totally need to post more! Those kids are changing way to fast!)

Popular posts from this blog

Dare Essay winner

Grandpa & Grandma Young Visit

Rylan and the Beginning of Mission Prep