It's swell to be ONE!

Our little Madelyn turned one on Wednesday! We had a great day, and when dad came home we were ready to party. We had Madelyn's favorite meal for dinner, macaroni and cheese (with extra cheese) and cooked carrots. Then we had cupcakes, it was so much fun to watch her eat and gobble it up. A video of us singing to her...
She loved that she had the cupcake all to herself and that it was big and not cut up for her! oh and I always forget to hold the camera horizontal when taking a video! So sorry you have to tilt your head at first! Then we went to a new aquatic center but found out that they weren't open due to swimming lessons so we went to another swimming pool and they were closed...so we gave up and went home. We opened presents, then played in the back yard sprinkler. She LOVES Elmo right now! Sitting with her daddy on the patio. Madelyn is quite the character! She is beginning to come out of her snobby shell. She likes to wave to strangers and say "hi" and she is so little that people are quite shocked to see a baby who looks like she is 8 months old talk to them! She says "hi" to everything, her food, her toys, and my favorite..to herself in the mirror! She really wants to be independant already! She loves cuddly toys and dolls. She loves them and hugs them so sweet! She loves music, and reading books. I bet I read about 10 books to her a day. She is constantly bringing me a book and saying, "buh-buh". She has the cutest little smile. When you give her something she is happy with she smiles and squints her eyes. However if you take something away from her like a treasure she stole from Rylan's room or the dirt she put in her mouth she has a hissyfit, and must be distracted with something good to make her stop. She is such a joy to be around (well most of the time), we love you Maddy! It is so hard to get a decent picture of her (can you tell?), she moves so much and so fast. She also wants to take the camera away from you and puts on her sneaky face and gets close to try and grab it. Two more cute videos of her playing with her Elmo...

Comments

Super Angie said…
You have the most outstandingly cute kids!!!!! I love it!
ha thanks Angie...although Maddy's hair in the food and cake pictures is crazy! I really try hard to do her hair, but by the end of the day it is just all over..especially after a nap which was the problem in those pictures. Oh well, she is a ragga-muffin like her mom! YEAH!
Andrea Grover said…
Happy birthday, mini-Leah!
Gosh I can't stand that I don't live closer to the sweet little girl (and you too!). Looks like a fun birthday :)

Popular posts from this blog

She's HERE!

Our new nephew!

I've been picture tagged