Birthdays and Vacations

Wow, a lot has happened since I last posted! Where has the time gone...our summer has been fun and busy! Even though Rylan is in school we still are playing because of the dreamy weather! Well it should be noted that Scott turned 30! Yep, he didn't want me to make a big deal out of it and I respected his wishes, but I still felt that I HAD to do something! Scott's grandma Bonnie gave me the idea of decorating his car, since he has to commute 25 minutes everyday to work. I wish I would have taken a picture but I was super sneaky. After Scott was asleep I snuck out of bed and put about 15 balloons in his car and wrote with window paint, "I'm 30 today, honk and wave it's my birthday!" He was totally embarrassed, and he secretly loved it I know!

We also went to the Tetons with my family and stayed in a cabin for the weekend!



It was so beautiful, cold, and lots of fun. We went hiking saw some gorgeous waterfalls,





some went bike riding, a group went to pick huckleberries. There was always something to do between the hot tub, fire pit, a loft the kids played in, and the fields of wildflowers to frolic in! It was too cold to float the river however darn it. It was also Rylan's birthday while we were there! Scott took him fishing while Erica and I decorated the cabin and I made the cake. He wanted a Star Wars themed birthday and so I attempted to make a light saber cake,
we played a version of pin the tail on the donkey star wars style, and he had a scavenger hunt for his presents and a pinata!





We had a blast, I can't believe my baby is 6! He is the sweetest little boy. If I am feeling sad or sick, he takes care of me, he gives the best hugs and never forgets to give me a kiss before he goes to school. After he blew out his candles he said that he wished that we could all be friends forever! He LOVES his cousins so much, he adores and practically worships is older cousins and wants to do what they do. Our nephews Porter and Jake have their drivers permit! AHH Scott let them both drive him somewhere to help them get their hours. I was 12/13 when they were born! Weird!

We had a dutch oven cook off! There was a huge fire pit in the yard with plenty of room to cook up our food for the cook off! Teralyn and Jared were the fire supervisors while we each brought out our things to be cooked. They were each cooked to perfection! Ribs, chili, potato & broccoli, cheesy hash browns, cornbread and rolls, oh and if that wasn't enough we had blueberry and peach cobbler for dessert! YUM!



Here are some more pictures:

Uncle Ira reading to Maddy.



My sister Anna (who took most of these pictures, my hands are always full of..well Madelyn) thought that we looked hot in our jammies! I inherited my sexy moo-moo from my late grandmother Erma!


My nieces and mother made some cute bookmarks from the wildflowers.

The whole family...


The whole crazy family...

I LOVE THESE PEOPLE! Like Rylan I hope we can be friends forever!

Comments

Anna Banana said…
Wow, all those pictures look so familiar.. Hmm, probably because... I TOOK THEM ALL..:)

Popular posts from this blog

Dare Essay winner

Grandpa & Grandma Young Visit

Rylan and the Beginning of Mission Prep